My goodness, here they finally are!
Our Sangria recipes from last week’s Fox 9 sangria segment, yum.
- Base Wine Vinho Verde from Portugal (Wine Suggestion: Famega Vinho Verde)
- Lime wheels
- Green grapes
- Kiwi sliced in wheels
- Cucumber Wheels
- Mint leaves
- 2-3 cups of Soda water
- 1 cup of Rum (optional)
- Lemongrass/Mint simple syrup
Endless Summer Crush Sangria
- Base wine: Rosé (Wine suggestion: A to Z Sangiovese Rosé from Oregon or if you want sweet, go with a Pink Moscato like the Innocent Bystander from AUS)
- Grilled Watermelon
- Grilled Orange wheels
- Grilled peach (quartered)
- Grilled Pineapple (for the Pink Moscato version)
- Apricot (for the Pink Moscato version)
- Mint leaves (just a few)
- 1 cup of Cointreau or Grand Marnier
Can always decorate this one w/ edible flowers!
- Base Wine: U.S. Syrah or an Australian Shiraz (Wine suggestion: Boom Boom Syrah, WA or Yalumba ‘Y Series’ Shiraz)
- Bing Cherries
- Blk peppercorns
- Cherry Simple Syrup (to taste)
- A few dashes of your favorite brand, Cherry Bitters
How to make a Simple Syrup ~ In a small saucepan, bring equal parts sugar and water to a boil; simmer until the sugar is dissolved, 3 minutes. When everything has dissolved, I add whatever fruit, herb, spice I’m wanting to infuse my syrup with and let all ingredients steep together until you’ve reached your desired flavor level of that added ingredient. Remove from the heat and let cool completely. Once cooled, strain. The syrup can be refrigerated in a glass jar for up to 1 month.
Stay tuned and stay glued to our new #SangriaForLife Pinterest Board for these recipes and others throughout the summer!
Want to learn how to make your own original sangria recipes? Join me July 30th @ Kitchen in the Market for my annual Sangria Building Class.